The National Folk Organization has liability insurance coverage for all
members.  Members can be individuals or folk organizations and you pay
nothing additional to your membership fee.  Here's what their website says:

The National Folk Organization and its members are covered by a general
liability insurance policy.  This coverage is a benefit of being a member
and no application is necessary.  Members wanting a certificate to show
proof of coverage, or to extend coverage required of a venue, must complete
a form and submit it to the NFO broker, Mercer Consumer, a subsidiary of
Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Several years ago I switched my caller's insurance to NFO as well as our
local Folklore Society (contra and English dances). Member fees are $30
individuals and $50 recreation/folk groups.  I asked the president of NFO
why the insurance was so inexpensive and he said it was because they rarely
have any claims.

I do not believe this would cover BMI/ASCAP.

Bev Young, caller

Missoula, MT