On 2022-10-18 9:02 a.m., Tony Parkes via Contra Callers wrote:

... “long lines forward and back” ... is so unusual in 4x4s (in fact, I don’t think I’ve encountered it before)
In The Caller's Box, searching for Formation = "Four Facing Four"
and Figures match "long lines", I get 10 hits:
https://www.ibiblio.org/contradance/thecallersbox/?formation=Four+Facing+Four&pos_lines=long+lines

Of those, the 'most popular' (according to the rather arbitrary metric of number of videos) is "Major Hey" by Erik Hoffman (which might also be the only one of them that I've danced myself).

Anyhow, that's 10 out of 422 four-face-four dances in the db, so yes fairly unusual.

-Michael