I have a Sicilian Circle dance in my collection called Dip for the Oyster
which designates 1's and 2's to determine who ducks or arches first.  In my
notes I have 1's facing CCW and 2's facing CW.  However, I imagine this is
totally arbitrary and you could do it whichever way you like.  In most of the
Sicilian Circles I'm aware of there is no need to designate 1's and 2's.

Jonathan