I’ve called contra at two conventions another coming up and led a contra
workshop for MWSD at a joint club session. I also dance SD and work with SD
beginners.
I’ll go back and check what I’ve done if you want
I interpreted that you are speaking about contra  dances to call at convention.
There’s quite a bit of MWSD terms sneaking into contra choreography these days.
And yes most cannot tolerate longer swings. Others love the energy. And the
long timers were taught walking to the music and timing. Not currently sadly.
The orientation and progression can be confusing so I always address it first
as I am working with the initial dance. And add to during the sessions.
“Why are those two at the end just standing there?”
Face down the hall. — shrug shift. Er we don’t understand what you mean by that
someone whispers
In one convention I did an “initiation” session. They all came back for the
second some with buddies and most returned for the third. That time I could
really build on the figures.
I hope I’m responding to your question.
Laurie Pietravalle West Michigan

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 2:31 PM, Jerome Grisanti via Contra Callers