So... it occurred to me that it'd be really easy to do a mixed-role contra
corners from Becket position.

A few weeks ago, I danced Jim Kitch's Equinox, which had a fun setup and
you finish Contra Corners by passing R , but ... do people know any simpler
ways? Like, for example, dance below. I can't possibly have been the first
to figure this out, eh?

(If not written yet: Buttered Corners)
Becket

A1. Circle L 3/4
       NS
A2. Robins Chain
       LLFB*
B1. Bottom couples Contra Corners**
       Same Couples Pass R, to P
B2. P B + S
       ... slide L to New Ns

* opportunity in the lines for partners to rollaway to swap roles
** and can alternate top couples, bottom couples, doing bottom couples -
who were original 1s - first. This way, the top of the set has corners for
people, always.

Like, literally this gives 16 measures to progress and have a neighbor
swing if you want. If we opened up to the idea of contra corners with a
neighbor from Becket, it opens up immense numbers of dances that can be
written.

In dance,
Julian Blechner