I had never thought of that....

Like I said, I just called it and it went well - no questions, no issues, lots
of enjoyment-- (with a number of beginners and nobody else in the group of 40+
people terribly advanced) - and it certainly didn't seem to hamper their
dancing abilities in that dance or any future one.

When I dance it here in my house to try it out, I feel there is still a great
rhythm to that combination--maybe it's got a bit of a syncopated feel?

Anyhow, I still say, "don't knock it till you try it" :)

KK