Maybe not as a gate job but more of a periodic that runs every 4-6 hours.

At this stage, those jobs are stable enough (and if not we are really close to
that point) for a single failure to state that there is a regression. All we
need to agree is that if that cloud suite is failing - all relevant project
should stop merging (even as a process and not by a gerrit mechanic lock) until
we are back from regression.

We can add additional job that with a single click, will collect all commits
from all relevant projects that are suspected - as Jamo said, ~15 are
dependent. This will reduce our analysis time by even maybe reverting suspected
commits just to come back from the regression and release the "lock".

Without proper dashboard I'm not really expecting all projects to monitor this,
but at first stage we can monitor that job (like we do today) and send critical
mail on certain failures.

Sent from my iPhone

On 10 Jan 2017, at 1:31, Robert Varga <n...@hq.sk> wrote:

> On 01/09/2017 10:37 PM, Jamo Luhrsen wrote:
> so you mean to have this "cloud suite" run as a gating job on gerrit patches
> for all projects that
> our "ODL for openstack" needs, I think. That would be nice, but we would need
> to convince a lot of
> projects to do it. Looks like at least 12 projects are dependencies for
> netvirt:
>
> controller,dlux,genius,infrautils,mdsal,netconf,neutron,odlparent,openflowplugin,ovsdb,sfc,yangtools

Judging from how long it takes for -autorelease and -distcheck to
stabilize for each release, I would hate to see such a job gate offset-0
patches.

In this particular set of projects, there is a history of breakage
happening on OFP/OVSDB and OVSDB/SFC (I think) boundaries.

Just my .02,
Robert

  • Re: [controller... Peretz, Ravit
    • Re: [contr... Luis Gomez
      • Re: [c... Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
        • Re... Jamo Luhrsen
          • ... Robert Varga
        • Re... Luis Gomez
          • ... Mainzer, Gal