On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 4:04 AM, 风驰天下 <609790...@qq.com> wrote:

> Hi,everyone,
>
>     I have two question about Geo-distributed Active/Backup Setup in
> Carbon.
>
>     1.It is said that the cluster can be expanded with nodes in a
> different datacenter, but in a way that doesn’t affect latency of the
> primary nodes, which I think means I can setup a backup cluster for a
> cluster running in another datacenter and actully the cluster always run in
> only one datacenter?

I'm not exactly sure of what you mean by "the cluster always run in only
one datacenter". You're actually setting up a 6-node cluster with 3 of them
as non-voting and acting as a backup - they are replicated to but are not
needed for consensus.

>      2.It is mentioned that the voting state change is sent to any single
> cluster node by rpc request. But after that it is said that the leader
> persists
> the voting changes and replicates them to the remaining nodes, so the
> voting state change rpc is only carried out once on any cluster node or all
> cluster nodes?

You only need to send the RPC once to one node - if it's not the leader, it
will forward to the leader.