Previous story: [2].

> who would have to do what

Ideally, Netconf developers would unify their features,
which does not seem to get done anytime soon [3].

There is a workaround in Int/Dist [4] prepared,
but it keeps SFT unstable, this time due to
(lack of) Karaf 4 memory efficiency [5].

Current road to stability seem to be
fixing various ODL project features (like [6])
to be less taxing on Karaf 4 bundle resolver,
and then merging [4].

> It would be nice if the exception included some context like the path.

I have rebased my old [7].
In this case, it is multiple netconf features trying to update
operational topology status for "controller-config" device.

> How does SFT even pick this up to fail the test?

In general, a "caused by" thrown by featuresService.installFeature.
In this case there was an ISE (visible in surefire report [8]
at 12:27:25,742) coming from here [9] (at least in Nitrogen),
not sure which component gets to throw it.

Vratko.

[2] https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/release/2017-October/012728.html
[3] https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/NETCONF-479
[4] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/64410
[5] https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/ODLPARENT-125
[6] https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/INTDIST-92
[7] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/48118
[8]
https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/jenkins092/infrautils-distribution-check-oxygen/144/distribution/features/singles/odl-integration-compatible-with-all/target/surefire-reports/org.opendaylight.odlparent.featuretest.SingleFeatureTest-output.txt.gz
[9]
https://github.com/opendaylight/netconf/blob/release/nitrogen/netconf/sal-netconf-connector/src/main/java/org/opendaylight/netconf/sal/connect/netconf/sal/NetconfDeviceTopologyAdapter.java#L243