On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 4:48 AM, Anil Belur <abe...@linuxfoundation.org>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 11:12 AM Jenkins <jenkins-dontreply@
> opendaylight.org> wrote:
>
>> Attention controller-devs,
>>
>> Autorelease oxygen failed to build sal-cluster-admin-impl from controller
>> in build
>> 359. Attached is a snippet of the error message related to the
>> failure that we were able to automatically parse as well as console logs.
>>

>> Console Logs:
>> https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/
>> autorelease-release-oxygen/359
>>
>> Jenkins Build:
>> https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-
>> release-oxygen/359/
>>
>> Please review and provide an ETA on when a fix will be available.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> ODL releng/autorelease team
>>

>  Hello controller-dev:
>
> Please look into these failed tests.
>
> Failed tests:
>   ClusterAdminRpcServiceTest.testFlipMemberVotingStates:976->lambda$
> testFlipMemberVotingStates$8:978 Expected leader member-1. Actual:
> member-1-shard-cars-oper_testFlipMemberVotingStates

I ran it successfully 500 times locally. But looking at the code and the
test output from jenkins, I can see why it failed - just the right timing
sequence coupled with just enough of a random thread execution delay and a
deadline timeout set by the test being just a tad too low for that delay.
I'll push a patch. Another case where occasionally it seems there's just
enough of a slight delay or slowdown in the jenkins environment to throw
off timing to cause a test failure.