From: Jaya Priyadarshini
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 12:13 PM
To: Dayavanti Gopal Kamath <dayavanti.gopal.kam...@ericsson.com>
Cc: Faseela K <faseel...@ericsson.com>; netvirt-...@lists.opendaylight.org
Subject: 3 node failure debugging

Hi Daya/Faseela,

I have raised following bug for one of the 3 node failure scenario.
NETVIRT-1572<https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/NETVIRT-1572> Connectivity to
VM s lost after ODL are brought up and down in a particular sequence.
We are following a particular sequence of ODL bringup/down.
Whenever we bring odl up or down we are just using "netstat -pnatu | grep 2550"
to check if it is established or time_wait respectively.
Is there anything else which we need to check or wait for more time or anything
like that.

STEPS FOLLOWED WERE AS BELOW

1)Create All Controller Sessions
2)Take Down Leader Of Default Shard and bring it up
3)Create Networks and Create Subnets For net_1 ,Create Subnets For net_2,Add
Ssh Allow All Rule
4)Create Vm Instances For net_1
  Create Vm Instances For net_2
  Check Vm Instances Have Ip Address
5)Create Router router_2, router_3 and add interfaces to this router
6) Take Down ODL1
7) Bring up ODL1 and take down ODL2
8) Bring up ODL2 and take down ODL3
9) Bring up ODL3
10) Ping  all Vm Instance1 In net_2 From net_1
  Ping all Vm Instance1 In net_1 From net_2
  Connectivity Tests From Vm Instance1 In net_1 In Healthy Cluster
11) Take Down ODL1 and ODL2
  Connectivity Tests From Vm Instance1 In net_1 With Two ODLs Down
12)Bring Up ODL1 and ODL2

13)Take Down ODL2 and ODL3
  Connectivity Tests From Vm Instance1 In net_2

  sudo ip netns exec qdhcp-fe7cf9 b9-1880-4df0-83e5-83a555d591a6 ssh -o
MACs=hmac-sha1 -o ConnectTimeout=5 -o Stri ctHostKeyChecking=no
cirros@37.0.0.11<mailto:cirros@37.0.0.11> -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null
  No match found for 'password:' in 10 seconds Output: ssh: connect to host
37.0.0.11 port 22: Connection timed out
[jenkins@sandbox-07429-2-1-devstack-queens-0 ~]> .

So, this might have happened because either i) vm lost Ip address or (ii)
tunnels dint come up properly but in teardown tunnels are there.

Regards

Jaya