Hi Everyone,

I'm currently working on making changes to the controller project to allow Yang
1.1 action support.

I've several questions regarding implementing the changes:

1. In regards to where sal-remoterpc-connector is used/instantiated, does
anyone know where/how it is utilized in opendaylight? I've search for
references to the factory methods etc. used as part of the blueprints for the
module within both the controller and mdsal project, and I've seen no mention
of it anywhere. How is remoterpc-connector used alongside other modules? and
where would I have to make additional changes in order to allow clustering
support for remote actions, similar to remote rpcs?

2. Currently as part of these changes I've needed to use a class that functions
in a similar way to DOMRpcIdentifier. I've been making use of the
DOMActionInstance in any places where a domrpcidentifier would have been used
for the action functionality - is this the correct class to be using, or is
there a more appropriate class I could use to mirror DOMRpcIdentifier for
actions?

3.is there any data difference between normalizedNode vs ContainerNode? IE
could I store normalized nodes and cast them to container nodes where needed
without losing essential data? could be used to refactor some code to be more
reusable.

Regards,

Emmett