I installed MandrakeSecurity beta3 iso, but i cant get it to work properly.
I am using an ADSL connection (pppoe), and the connection doesnt want to
start at boot. It just says "starting ADSL" and takes very long, but it
doesnt connect. When the box is started, i log in as root, type
"adsl-start", and it connects like it should. Any ideas what the problem is
?

Once internet works on the box, the clients can only surf the web using the
Squid proxy. NOTHING else works. I added services like dns, irc, mail, ...
to be allowed, but it seems only dns works. Irc, mail, ftp, icq, ... doesnt
wget through the firewall. I see in the log that these packets keep getting
dropped, while they should be allowed.
Any idea on how to get this to work ?

Trying is the first step towards failure ...
Homer J Simpson.