From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Thursday, April 19, 2001 9:50 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: [Cooker-firewall] Port forwarding problem with RC1

Michael Segulja <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I just downloaded RC1, mainly because I was hoping it would fix the
> problems I had with forwarding ports to my servers on the protected
LAN.
> It still doesn't work.  When the firewall boots, I see the message
that
> ipvsadm is applying the rules from /etc/iptoip.xml, and then right
after
> that it says it's using /etc/sysconfig/lvs.  The iptoip.xml file is
> correct, and has the correct information in it, but it seems
> /etc/sysconfig/lvs is overriding iptoip.xml because there are no port
> forwarding rules when I do ipvsadm -L.

Hi there,

I don't where did you download the iso from but I'm trying here this on
the RC1 and the port forwarding look to be working fine. The ipvsadm -L
shows the TCP forwarding just fine.

[root@testpc /root]# ipvsadm -Ln
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port             Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  192.168.1.178:80 wlc
  -> 192.168.2.84:80                Masq    1      0          0

my firewall is here 192.168.1.178 (external network and internal one
192.168.2.178) and 192.168.2.84 is test client.

from the 192.168.1.0 network (other pc, of course) I can type:
"links 192.168.1.178" and I get the 192.168.2.84 for the welcome page.

Maybe you have done an upgrade. I did a new install, from scratch, here.

cheers,
--
Florin                          http://www.mandrakesoft.com