Thought this might interest you

cu
        Denis

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 11 Jul 2001 20:37:14 -0000
From: Mandrake Forum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Mandrake Forum 1068] Re: Mandrake Single Network Firewall Reviewed

http://mandrakeforum.com/article.php?sid=1068&lang=en

New comment for Mandrake Single Network Firewall Reviewed story
Re: Mandrake Single Network Firewall Reviewed ,by

I also found the installation easy.  Using eth0 for the LAN was not a problem and is
well documented in the installation guide.<br>
Problems I did find though.<br>
When using squid and squidGuard, the /var/log/squid/cache.log was getting filled with
an error that squidGuard was unable to write to /var/log/squidGuard/squidGuard.log  or
advertisment.log.  I changed the default config files to point squidGuard logs to
/var/log/squid directory and all worked well.<br>
The other problem I incountered was restoring a saved config.  It would restore the
saved config but in the process would totally clobber the eth1 NIC.  The only way I
found to get the NIC to be recognized again was a system reboot.<br>
Overall I found the installation and config very easy.  Documentation could be better.
 I would also like to see documentation on the location of all the config files (both
the template and running files) and instructions on making entries direct.  The web
interface is nice, but when you have lots of entries to make, it tends to be time
consuming.<br>
I would give this product a rating of 7.  But that is just my humble opinion.<br>
M. Hasse