Timo Springmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi there!
>
> I have a network over here that I want to protect with snf. My problem is,
> that the computer in my network has real (non-private) Ip adresses. So, after
> installing snf I saw that masquerading is always active and I had problems
> reaching any computer in my network from the internet. Even if I disable the
> firewall completly I can't reach any computer in my network. Connection from
> my network to the internet works fine (besides that our DNS Server inside our
> network does not work but I think that has something to do with my problem
> that it can't be reached from outside).
>
> Is it possible (and if yes, how) to get this thing working?

hello there,

the SNF you have there cannot deal, from the web interface, with such
cases of public IP addresses, behind the firewall.

The next firewall will be able to deal with it.

What you can do is to modify/adapt the bastille.conf template and remove
all re masquerade section in order to avoid masquerading. Everything
should work fine afterwards.

cheers,
--
Florin                  http://www.mandrakesoft.com