that has been posted to liste.cooker as well.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Randy Welch) writes:

Hello there,

In cooker we have two major problems with SNF:

the mod_auth_external and
the php-gd packages.

> Selecting SNF-en from the package list seeming installs the
> right things but a few things are not quite right.
>
> 1.  /etc/init.d/bastile-firewall has a syntax error on line
> 60, a quoting problem.

This is a problem coming from the spec-helper package, the gprintify.py
script which replaces all the echo initscripts commands by gprint commands.

> 2.  /usr/sbin/httpd-naat is symlinked to /usr/sbin/httpd I
> suspect it should symlinked to /usr/sbin/httpd-perl.

No, but it should require the right package not only apache as both
httpd-naat and httpd-perl provide apache.

> 3.  If SNF is selected I suspect you don't want httpd
> started as well ( I suppose I might get that from selecting
> server... )

exactly,

> 4.  Once the httpd-naat is started you can get to the
> initial login screen, but you can't get logged in.  Even
> after setting the password for admin ( via passwd or
> /usr/share/naat/scripts/change-password.pl admin ).  This is
> kind of a show stopper for me in the one application I
> thought I'd try out.  ( Thankfully I bought another disk to
> try the SNF items out ).

there is a problem with the latest mod_auth_external-2.1.14-1mdk.i586.rpm
package.

One should use the mod_auth_external-2.1.12-1mdk.i586.rpm one from the
8.1 contrib directory.

> 5.  If SNF is going to be an option in 8.2 it would be nice
> to have it as a major selection instead of having to search
> for it ( and do the proper initial configuration like SNF7.2
> does on install ).

We have planned to do that ...

> 6.  A configuration item on a multiple machine config....
>
> When asked if you want to re-configure your TCP/IP
> configuration, instead of labeling the button cancel, have
> it say change.  It's more direct.

It's always difficult to choose the right user interface ... We have
different point of views even here, between developpers ... :o)

More about SNF,

the are more problems about SNF in cooker because of the latest php
packages: php-gd to more exact.

The index on the left side of the screen is composed by images with text:
generated by some php functions (that one can find in the php-gd package).

This doesn't work with the latest php packages.

So, please install the 8.1 php packages (libpng2 will be also required, you
don't need it but you need to create a link:

ln -sf /usr/lib/libpng.so.3.1.2.1 /usr/lib/libpng.so.2)

You don't need the required apache packages from the 8.1 distro ...
have a nice day,
--
Florin                  http://www.mandrakesoft.com