Hi.

Sorry to bother you all with this question, but I am quite new to
Mdk-SNF :-). I have used Linux for several years and know my way around
the OS quite well. I am about to install a new firewall - which I
normally do just using a hand-edited config-file for iptables/ipchains -
but then I discovered that Mandrake actually have a separate distro that
is intended to be used as a firewall. I thought I have a look at it -
but I was disappointed that the current distro (SNF 7.2) is based on a
2.2.x kernel (I would like to use iptables instead of ipchains).
Then I started browsing through the cooker-firewall mailing list
archive, and saw that several of you people is referring to SNF-8.2...
downloaded from cooker?!? ...as far as I know, cooker is the place to
go, if you want the bleeding edge of new packages to your current
Mandrake installation... and it is not linked directly to a version
number. My questions are therefore as follows:

1. Is there such a thing as an SNF-8.2 (alpha, beta, release candidate)?

2. Is it possible to easily make an SNF-8.2 from a standard Mdk 8.2?

3. If so, what do you need to do in order build an installable CD of it.

Any response/input will be appreciated, thanks

-Ernst