At 03:35 PM 4/15/02, dave lers wrote:

>FWIW in my case its a PII 450, maybe that makes a difference.
>Linux version 2.4.18-6mdksecure
>CPU0: Intel Pentium II (Deschutes)
>SMP motherboard not detected.
>CPU clock speed is 448.8956 MHz.
>
>It would be nice if it could run on PI's as well. I was running the Astaro
>firewall on a P75 until their system requirements skyrocketed. I've been
>waiting for the Mdk 2.4 firewall ever since.

Dave,

Have you tried building your own kernel?  It's not too hard to generate a
configuration that's right for your hardware.  Having some free time, I've
just done that.  It took a while to disable all the features that I know I
won't use - mostly for hardware that I've never owned.

I have no idea how a PII 450 differs from a 133 (other than the obvious
speed difference).

Cheers!

David