> it's the same thing here ...

Could you be a bit more precise on that one?
Shall I download the CSR in PKCS#12 format and where do I store it on MNF?
In the help it talks about 4 different files to be stored into MNF. I don't
really understand????

> > Also when it comes to actually setup a new connection in
> MNF how would you
> > do it?
> > Let's assume my MNF box is connected to the internet using
> a modem and has
> > dynamic IP and I use the client VPN of MNF to connect to my
> office ASL box.
> > So would I go for this:
>
> how do you that in ASL ?

In Freeswan I think you just put 0.0.0.0 in the right or left bit to tell
Freeswan that this is dynamic IP, I mean that's how it does it in ASL.
Please find the content of the ipsec.conf file on the ASL box for a x509
tunnel, in this scenario the right side is a roadwarrior ithout a fixed IP
address, it uses the email address as an ID.

config setup
        interfaces="ipsec0=eth2"
        klipsdebug=none
        plutodebug=none
        dumpdir=
        manualstart=
        pluto=yes
        plutoload=%search
        plutostart=%search
        plutowait=no
        fragicmp=no
        packetdefault=drop
        hidetos=yes
        uniqueids=yes
        overridemtu=16260

conn %default
        rekeymargin=9m
        rekeyfuzz=100%
        keyingtries=0

conn LifecycleVPN_1
        type=tunnel
        keyexchange=ike
        auth=esp
        pfs=no
        esp=3des
        keylife=3600
        ikelifetime=7800
        compress=no
        left=XXX.YYY.WWW.ZZZ
        right=0.0.0.0
        auto=add
        leftnexthop=AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD
        leftsubnet=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
        leftid="XXX.YYY.WWW.ZZZ"
        rightid="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
        authby=rsasig
        leftrsasigkey=%cert
        rightrsasigkey=%cert

> you'll have to understand that this is a firewall and not a single
> station. It assumes that you have a network behind it. It could work
> without it though.

I understand this. I will have a network behind it for sure. But the point
is that as a remote worker I'm likely to be on a dynamic IP, which means I
will have to reconfigure the Firewall VPN evertime I reconnect to my DSL
provider.
And if I use SSH Sentinel behind a NAT firewall then it won't work as MNF
doesn't support NAT-T (or does it?).