Before Results:
[root@localhost dippy]# /sbin/lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
usb-ohci               16912   0  (unused)

After Results with Connection Active:
[root@localhost dippy]# /sbin/lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
ppp_deflate            44832   0  (autoclean)
bsd_comp                4512   0  (autoclean)
ppp                    26432   2  (autoclean) [ppp_deflate bsd_comp]
slhc                    4448   1  (autoclean) [ppp]
macserial              43040   2
serial                 41408   0
gmac                   14768   0  (autoclean)
usb-ohci               16912   0  (unused)

After Results disconnected:
[root@localhost dippy]# /sbin/lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
ppp_deflate            44832   0  (autoclean)
bsd_comp                4512   0  (autoclean)
ppp                    26432   0  (autoclean) [ppp_deflate bsd_comp]
slhc                    4448   0  (autoclean) [ppp]
macserial              43040   0
serial                 41408   0
gmac                   14768   0  (autoclean)
usb-ohci               16912   0  (unused)

Definitely some changes after running the Control Center. Hope this helps.
Let me know what else I can try to help with your testing.