Hi,

  I've been trying to install the Beta1 on a borrowed PowerMac 7200, but
without success.

  The system is a PowerPC 601 at 75MHz w/112MB RAM and a 500MB SCSI HD.

  After manually choosing the "mac53c94.o" SCSI driver, the installation
started normally from CD. The problem occurs in DiskDrake immediately after
creating ext2 partitions -- when it formats the new partitions, the machine
locks up hard so that all I can do is hit the power button.

  When I re-run the installer with ext2 partitions already made, it results
in a kernel panic: "Exception in kernel pc c015ea2c signal 4... rebooting in
180 seconds."

  I don't know much about this machine, but the Mac OS installs without any
problems. I've used Dive Setup, pdisk, and DiskDrake to create Linux
partitions, but none of them helped avoid the kernel panic. I'd be happy to
try any suggestions.

Bye,
Phil Lavigna