Haven't seen Jeff reply, so I'll jump in (I think Jeff qualifies as our
resident OldWorld MandrakePPC expert though - he helped a lot in getting
fixes in place for these machines).

You'll need to use BootX to kick things off.  It's on the 1st CD.  Use the
all.gz ramdisk image, specify 32000 bytes ramdisk, and use the included
vmlinux kernel, and some appropriate parameters (see the "append" stanza
of yaboot.conf on the CD for examples)

MandrakeSoft    OH/TN, USA      http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/