le 14/08/01 5:57, nathan wagner à [EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :

> The CD boots from open firmware with boot cd:\\yaboot
>
> "Welcome to yaboot version 0.9
> Wrong partition 1 signature
> Config file read, 2762 bytes
>
> Welcome to Mandrake Linux PPC!

> and then we are back to the "No free space for 1MB bootstrap!..."
> dialog.
>
> So... how do i create a bootstrap partition.  Also, at this point, i
> can't boot into either MacOS or my preexisting yellowdog partition.

I've the same machine and I work with the mandrake since three weeks.
when you make your partition on your harddisk you have to give 1MB to the
last partition (extra partition) in the harddisk toolkit in macos9.
After when you boot in the mandrake cooker, choose " install-atyfb128"
and the installation will continue without problems...

good work...

Cornelii

ps " wrong partition" I've got te same message with debian,suse, linuxppc,
on G4,imac, and powerbookG3...