I run in runlevel 5 and switching between VTs works fine - even w/ MOL.
 Since I have linux keycodes enabled, ctrl-alt(option)-Fx does the trick
for me, previously, ctrl-command-Fx was necessary.

This is on beta1, not RC1 - still haven't taken the time to do that ...
still haven't taken the time to update Mac OS X, either ... *blech* too
much work!

-Brice