On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Jonathan Sailor wrote:

> If yaboot didn't support ResierFS, then you would need an ext2
> partition for the kernel, a root, and a HFS bootstrap, at minimum so
> why not just make one for booting?

At worst you need ext2 for /boot, and an initrd, same as if you were using
a SCSI drive, or any other device you need early in the boot process
that's setup as a module. These could be on an hfs partition, but hfs has
no concept of unix file permissions, or symbolic links,  etc, and I think
you would be asking for trouble.

The ReiserFS stuff at penguinppc.org seems to be gone.  It may well be
that you can boot Reiser with yaboot.  In my tests I only setup /home.

MandrakeSoft    OH/TN, USA      http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/
PPC Faq: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-cooker-ppc&m=99441208917647&w=