On 20 Sep 2001, Sylvain OBEGI wrote:

SO> Are you sure that sound works? The last time I try (with cvs of
SO> this kernel) it didn't work. And the line corresponding to sound
SO> support (or what i think it is) in iBook2 is still here in
SO> 2.4.10-pre8 from ben.. Hummm.. Compile time :)

jeremy in #ppclinux on irc.openprojects.net said he had it working by just
doing "modprobe dmasound_pmac" when he was running that kernel.

I had plans on compiling ALSA from cvs, but if this works I rather do a
kernel upgrade. 2.4.9 also has some rather significant bugfixes compared
to the ancient 2.4.4 that is shipping. Not to forget the huge VM fixes
coming in .10 now.

You got some details what the "dma" sound support is? I know what DMA is,
but what is ALSA using then?

--
Henrik Edlund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.edlund.org/

"You're young, you're drunk, you're in bed, you have knives; shit
happens." -- Angelina Jolie