On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Henrik Edlund wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Stew Benedict wrote:
>
> SB> Nice,
>
> The reason you can't do insmod is because when you mobprobe i2c-keywest it
> will also load some i2c-core modules that it need. insmod will only load
> the i2c-keywest module and that will result in missing symbols.
>
> SB> We've been using sound-slot-0, rather than just sound:
> SB>
> SB> alias sound-slot-0 dmasound_awacs (on my Powerbook - from the installer)
>
> "from the installer"?

Installer sets up the sound card device - when it can.

> Should I be using dmasounc_awacs instead of dmasound_pmac as well? Isn't
> the _pmac module a layer above _awacs (that is awacs is part of pmac) or
> am I out bicycling (which is a Swedish expression for "being out on a

Different kernel - there is no pmac in 2.4.4 from kernel.org.

> Is it the /etc/rc.d/inet.d/sound that handles the loading of this module?
> (I.e. "modprobe sound-slot-0"?) Otherwise -slot-0 seems to be an ALSA
> invention to handle several sound cards...

x86 kernel includes the alsa drivers - I believe it is setup this way to
accomodate either.  Pixel told me to use this nomenclature when setting up
the PPC driver.

MandrakeSoft    OH/TN, USA      http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/
PPC Faq: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-cooker-ppc&m=99441208917647&w=