On Sun, 30 Sep 2001, Ben Reser wrote:

> I think for the next release we should strive to make the keyboard
> shortcuts to switch terminals consistent.
>
> When I'm in XF86 it's Ctrl+Alt+Fkey, when I'm in Xpmac it's
> Cmd+Option+Fkey, and finally when I'm on a console window it's
> Cmd+Arrow.
>
> The problem with the last one is it doesn't match either of these two.
> I think this has caused a bunch of us to be able to get to say VT1 but
> not be able to get back to VT7 where X is at.
>
> So I humbly suggest that we patch the kernel, and Xpmac to be consistent
> with XF86 and the rest of the Linux world.  Possibly leaving a
> configuration option that you can choose which one you want.

Good idea, but it also seems to vary per machine.  I don't use any
different keysequences in any of those modes. (Granted I have to add Fn on
the Powerbook, because the normal Fn keys are setup that way in hardware.)

I've never used Cmd+Arrow at all.

So do I make a seperate kernel for each machine?

MandrakeSoft    OH/TN, USA      http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/
PPC Faq: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-cooker-ppc&m=99441208917647&w=