Hi,

> processor : 0
> cpu : 750
> temperature : 0 C
> clock : 195MHz
> revision : 2.2 (pvr 0008 0202)
> bogomips : 878.18

> I am wondering if the CPU is running at 440Mhz or just 195MHz? Is it
> because the CPU information was burnt in ROM and cat /proc/cpu didn't
> really test the CPU speed?

cat /proc/cpuinfo only gives what the machine thought it was during the
startup.  I do not know how that code works.  All the PowerPC machines I
have ever seen or heard off report BogoMIPS as 2x clock in MHz.  So my
guess is that it is running at 440 and lying to you, possibly the ROM
thing you suggest.  I have "upgraded" by replacing the processor and I get
the correct clock and 2x for bogomips.  Is the upgrade card the kind where
you actually replace the processor ?  The other thing to try is a simple
benchmark program and see how many FLOPS you get --> if more than
200 MFLOPS (you will need a simple benchmark and "-O3" to compile) then it
must be the 440. [On an intel you can do better than the clock using SSE
instructions]

BTW machines often feel slow when all it is is an unaccelerated graphics
card...  So if you are suspicious you are not getting everything then try
running something without X to see how fast it is, or work on accelerating
the X server.

HTH,

Q.