Hello,
I originally had a working installation of both Mandrake 8.0PPC and YDL2.0
running on my Titanium as it pertained to my built-in ethernet connection.
I had then configured both installations to bypass setting up the gmac
ethernet upon reboot in favor of the airport network connection.  This is
only a working solution for the home.

In the office I need to have the built-in ethernet active.  Upon recent
attempts to get the ethernet up and running the following error occurs.

"eth0 WARNING ! Can't find PHY"

I can assign an IP address, but no link light will show up on the
hub/switch.  The module loads into the kernel, it just doesn't physically
control my built-in ethernet port anymore.

The built-in ethernet does physically work in other oses, as I can get it to
operate in MacOS 9.2.1 and MacOS 10.1.

Does anyone know if these MacOSes update the firmware of the Titanium to a
version more current one that the gmac module can support?  Or do I have
something configured incorrectly as it pertains to my linux installations?
What more information would be needed to solve this?

Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

Jason Dizon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]