I'm using a tiPB G4 and Mandrake 8.0.

I've burned a CD which contains a bunch of mp3s.

When I put the disc into the CD/DVD drive I'm able to cd /mnt/cdrom and
browse the disc.

When I put an audio CD that I have purchased (Led Zeppelin II) into the
CD/DVD drive and try to do the same thing I get this in Konsole

bash: cd: cdrom:  Input/output error

When I exit out of X-Windows and try to cd /mnt/cdrom I get:

hdc:  command error:  status = 0x51 {DriveReady  SeekComplete  Error }
hdc:  command error:  error = 0x54
isofs_read_super:  bread failed, dev =16:00, iso_blknum = 16, block = 32
hdc:  command error:  status = 0x51 {DriveReady  SeekComplete  Error }
hdc:  command error:  error = 0x54
isofs_read_super:  bread failed, dev =16:00, iso_blknum = 16, block = 32
bash: cd: cdrom:  Input/output error

I've tried doing this as root and as a normal user and get the same response.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Terrence Oblak