I take it you're using XDM?

It should have take-console and give-console scripts, it does on x86

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Henrik Edlund
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 6:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: mc problems

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Jonathan Sailor wrote:

JS> Why is it particularly useless?

Because I have to run "killall mc" as root every time I run a command from
inside mc which I do all the time.

Everything seems to work fine within an Xterm. When I ran tcsh it
complaned and tty permissions. This could have to do with permissions on
either /dev/console or /dev/tty*. /dev/tty* seems correct so far. I am not
in X so I can't check /dev/console, right now it is owned by me, which
would explain why things are working.

--
Henrik Edlund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.edlund.org/

"You're young, you're drunk, you're in bed, you have knives; shit
happens." -- Angelina Jolie