On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 08:29:31AM -0500, Stew Benedict wrote:
> Have you tried XFree using "fbdev" rather than "ati".  Also for Xpmac you may need
>to use "novideo" in you boot arguments.  I'm not online as much as normal this week
>as I'm at LWE, but I'll try to follow up as I can.

I tried both of those and they didn't work.  So I did some more digging
around the net and I managed to find someone who'd put up their working
XF86Config.  After digging around in mine it appears that Xconfigurator
is never letting me set the iBook monitor.  It just keeps spitting out
the Powerbook setting.

At any rate I've attached the XF86Config-4 that I used which is based on
what I found here:
http://www.koldfront.dk/text/debian-ibook.html

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty and democracy? - Ghandi

# File generated by XFdrake.

# **********************************************************************
# Refer to the XF86Config(4/5) man page for details about the format of
# this file.
# **********************************************************************

Section "Files"

    RgbPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"

# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Mandrake 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.

    FontPath   "unix/:-1"

EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Server flags section.
# **********************************************************************

Section "ServerFlags"

    # Uncomment this to cause a core dump at the spot where a signal is
    # received.  This may leave the console in an unusable state, but may
    # provide a better stack trace in the core dump to aid in debugging
    #NoTrapSignals

    # Uncomment this to disable the <Crtl><Alt><BS> server abort sequence
    # This allows clients to receive this key event.
    #DontZap

    # Uncomment this to disable the <Crtl><Alt><KP_+>/<KP_-> mode switching
    # sequences.  This allows clients to receive these key events.
    #DontZoom

    # This  allows  the  server  to start up even if the
    # mouse device can't be opened/initialised.
    AllowMouseOpenFail
    DisableVidModeExtension
EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Input devices
# **********************************************************************

# **********************************************************************
# Keyboard section
# **********************************************************************

Section "InputDevice"

    Identifier "Keyboard1"
    Driver      "Keyboard"
    Option "AutoRepeat"  "250 30"

    Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
    Option "XkbModel" "macintosh"
    Option "XkbLayout" "us"

EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Pointer section
# **********************************************************************

Section "InputDevice"

    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "PS/2"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/usbmouse"
    Option "Emulate3Buttons"
    Option "Emulate3Timeout"    "50"

# ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice

#    Option "ChordMiddle"

EndSection

Section "Module"

# This loads the DBE extension module.
    Load "xie"
    Load "pex5"
    Load "glx"
    Load "GLcore"
    Load "dbe"
    Load "record"
    Load "type1"
    Load "speedo"
EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Monitor section
# **********************************************************************

# Any number of monitor sections may be present

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier "Apple|iBook"
    UseModes   "Mac Modes"
    VendorName "Apple"
    ModelName  "iBook"

# HorizSync is in kHz unless units are specified.
# HorizSync may be a comma separated list of discrete values, or a
# comma separated list of ranges of values.
# NOTE: THE VALUES HERE ARE EXAMPLES ONLY.  REFER TO YOUR MONITOR'S
# USER MANUAL FOR THE CORRECT NUMBERS.
    HorizSync  30.0-40.0

# VertRefresh is in Hz unless units are specified.
# VertRefresh may be a comma separated list of discrete values, or a
# comma separated list of ranges of values.
# NOTE: THE VALUES HERE ARE EXAMPLES ONLY.  REFER TO YOUR MONITOR'S
# USER MANUAL FOR THE CORRECT NUMBERS.
    VertRefresh 60.0-70.0

EndSection

Section "Modes"
    Identifier "Mac Modes"
    Modeline "800x600"    39.955 800 856 984 1056   600 601 605 628 +hsync +vsync
EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Graphics device section
# **********************************************************************

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "iBook Video"
    VendorName  "ATI"
    BoardName   "Mach64 3D Rage LN Mobility (AGP)"
    Driver      "ati"
    # Clock lines

    # Uncomment following option if you see a big white block
    # instead of the cursor!
    #    Option      "sw_cursor"

    Option      "DPMS"
    BusID       "PCI:0:16:0"