On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Larry Blodgett wrote:

> Is there some source of mandrake documentation that we have all
> missed?  What page of the documentation is this command given?  I
> guess we have all been out of contact with that page.  Thanks for
> opening our eyes?  Is there anything else about implementing
> netatalk, are is this everything?  I have searched the Mandrake site
> for this kind of information on netatalk and I guess I just wasn't
> smart enough to find it.  Most netatalk info (on the net in general)
> is dated and difficult to understand for most of us.  Thanks again
> for your help.

OK, I guess I'm rubbing everyone the wrong way today.  All I was saying is
netatalk is included.  I really don't have the time to create additional
documentation, that should be what the netatalk authors do.

It's not installed by default, we don't install any servers by default
afaik.

I built the package and tested it here, /etc/atalk/atalkd.conf is the
default, with no interface defined, and it doesn't segfault when run. It
accepts guest logins and password logins. I did not get a chance to test
printing.

To add to your collection of useless netatalk docs, here's a piece I wrote
some time back:

http://networking.earthweb.com/netos/article/0,,12284_624251,00.html

MandrakeSoft    OH/TN, USA http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/PPC/FAQ/