Stew,

    Alright...I'll tell you exactly what I did

I have one HD.  I booted from an OS9 install CD.  I ran drive setup.
Initialized my HD with 2 partitions one MacOS Extended for my Mac Boot and
one unformatted for linux.  I boot from the installer cd.  I run the text
installer.  I complete the text installer and it tells me to type in setenv
boot-device hd:10,\\:tbxi  and that is what I typed into openfirmware.  But
the machine still boots into macos by default doesn't go to yaboot.  When I
open drive setup again it tells me that there are 4 partitions and
"partitions that are not recognized" I have a feeling that might be the
problem.  Is there anything you could suggest doing...

--
Eric