On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Miguel Beccari wrote:

> Stew Benedict wrote:
> > On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Miguel Beccari wrote:
> >

> >>Language choice: I select italian... failed to read kmap magic.
> >>
> >>I select all languages one by one... French works, Ungarian works... and
> >>so on.
> >>
> >>So the problem IS IN the cooker; not in the Mac, not in the burned cd,
> >>not in the ISO.
> >>

> > Just kicked off a text insatll, using the same ISO as published, on the
> > 7600.  Selected Italian|Italy, and the language changed, install
> > proceeded.  Switching to VT3, there was a warning on kmap magic for the
> > 1st keymap it attempted to load, then it fell back to another one -
> > no error on the main install screen.  I'm unable to duplicate your
> > reported error =(.
> >
> > Stew Benedict
> >

> OK. Let trash my mails: maybe the problem is my old 8500. I changed the
> cdrom with a cd-r SCSI and used it. The errors are the same... so maybe
> it is the hardware in some way fails.
>
> I want to try for the last time:
>
> can you tell me how to install in graphical mode?
>
> I tried and tried but I had got an error like: cannot find
> /usr/X11R6/bin/RGB.pm. It stays on the screen less then a second, the
> the monitor turn black and the system freezes.

As I think I said early in this discussion, I can't tell you exactly what
to try for an 8500, I've never used one.  I'm unable to duplicate any of
the errors you're reporting on the 7600.  I am able to install in English
and Italian, in text as well as graphical mode.  For graphical mode I'm
using no extra parameters in the kernel arguments.  I'm using the same ISO
as you, downloaded after I uploaded it to the mirror source.

Anyone else using an 8500?

MandrakeSoft    OH/TN, USA http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/PPC/FAQ/