On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Sean O'Brien wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'm running Mandrake PPC 8.0 on a Rev B imac 233 with
> 64 megs of RAM (soon to be 192 when the UPS guys get
> around to it).  It's a dual boot machine with MacOS 9.
> I have yet to get Mac-on-Linux working.  ADSL PPPoE
> through Verizon, using roaring penguin.
>
> I want to upgrade to 8.2 beta to help the effort.
>
> Is there an ugrade functionality, or should I do a
> fresh install?  I can do either, /home is a separate
> partition, so I really don't care...but I want to do
> whatever needs to be tested on my machine.

There is an upgrade option.  I haven't tried doing an upgrade, but it is
there.

> Please let me know if anyone cares.  If no one cares,
> I'm going to do an upgrade from cd, if that's
> possible.

Of course we care :)

> If it is possible, or if there's anything that needs
> to be tested on my machine, please let me know or
> point me to an archive where I can get
> info/instructions, etc.

I have a rev B here also.  I haven't been able to get Mol working on it
for a long time.  A couple of years ago it did, but I don't remember if
that was before I added the mezzanine iProRaid, maybe that's the problem.
MOL does work fine on my Powerbook.

MandrakeSoft    OH/TN, USA http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/PPC/FAQ/
Cooker-PPC IRC:  irc.openprojects.net/#cooker-ppc