On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Olivier Thauvin wrote:

> I see on my mirror that the cooker ppc tree differ from x86 and SRPMS also.
>
> Some packages in contrib exist as binaries for ppc but not in x86 and SRPMS,
> and now when I do urpmi --autoselect iot say me:
>
> error: failed dependencies:
>         drakfloppy >= 0.43-8mdk is needed by drakconf-0.96-10mdk
>         lha is needed by kdeutils-2.2.2-23mdk

drakfloppy currently has issues on PPC, you'll need to install drakconf
without it.

I just noticed the lha dependency this morning too, I don't know what the
deal is there. If a package depends on 1 in contribs, it's supposed to be
moved to main.

> But none of this package exist !
>
> Please, I know the i586 8.2 will be release soon but don't forget ppc user!

I'm not forgetting you, it's just hard to keep up.

MandrakeSoft    OH/TN, USA http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/PPC/FAQ/
Cooker-PPC IRC:  irc.openprojects.net/#cooker-ppc