On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 02:35:12AM +0100, Olivier Thauvin wrote:
> I know David Baudens is a ppc developer in Paris, but I really don't
> understand policy with other arch than x86 !
> One of my question is why do not make ppc distro in the same time with x86
> with the same drakx and same package ?
>
> If someone of mandrakesoft can answer me, I'm very interest !

I'm not with Mandrake but I can answer the question.
a) It is the same drakx
b) It is the same packages though some are not included on the cds
becuase x86 is 3 cds and ppc is only 2.

The reason it isn't released at the same time and with the same number
of cds is simply demand.  There is less demand for a ppc distribution
and as a result Mandrake has allocated less resources to it.  There are
quite a few developers who only work on x86.  No one is dedicated to
ppc.  Stew even does work on x86.

Also there are less testers and experience with the ppc platform.  That
means it takes longer to test it and get it out.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty and democracy? - Ghandi