On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Riff wrote:

> >Do you know what video card is in the machine? If you look at yaboot.conf,
> >you'll see various video=options can be used.  There is also text based
> >install, should no video mode work.
>
> On PowerMacs 8500, it's not really a video card but video circuits
> directly on the motherboard. Apple System Informations give this:
>
> Card Type: Display
> Card Name: Control
> Card Model: AAPL,343S1154
> Version: 0
> Manufacturer Code: 106B

Same as my 7600 - "Control"

> Also, I'm not using Yabbot as it's designed for new world macs.
> I'm using BootX, what are then the available options ?

I know that. But you can still look at yaboot.conf to see some of the many
video options that can be passed to the kernel in the "kernel arguments"
line. On the 7600, I leave all the BootX video options unchecked, and no
additional options in the kernel arguments, and get a nice 1024x768
display on a Mag 17" monitor.

MandrakeSoft    OH/TN, USA http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/PPC/FAQ/
Cooker-PPC IRC:  irc.openprojects.net/#cooker-ppc