Text mode is not that peculiar. You will find it infinitely more usable than a blurry X install.

Speaking of which, on a PowerMac 7300, the graphic installer is not usable. There is an interesting double-image weirdness going on. The machine uses platinum video (stock) and has a 17 inch Optiquest 773 hooked up to it. I have only used the all.gz and kernel from the beta 1 iso, so I do not know if there is a fix available elsewhere.

After installation, the machine fails to recognize adbmouse, so X is not functional. I chose busmouse, 1-button in the install.

John