On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, Xavier de Cardenas wrote:

> Stew,
>
> Once again you were right. There were two Linux Kernal
> folders one was in the control panel folder and the
> other in the system folder. And this solved the
> Adaptec
> driver problem.

Good, I was just looking at the kernel/modules situation this morning and
did not see any issues with it.

> I got around the gray screen when doing the graphical
> install by doing a textual install instead.
>
> The problems I am having now are:
>
> 1. There is only the graphical terminal. When I cycle
> throught the terminals by hitting
> control-option-F1,F2, etc the screen turns off until I
> hit F7. I rebooted the machine and started in single
> user mode and init 3 to just get the text login and
> had no problems. It was only after startx that the
> terminals disappeared.

What video card?  Some cards have issues with switching from GUI to
console.

> 2. pmud daemon "failed" This error is not a big deal
> since I am using a desktop... I figure that is why it
> failed to load.

Normal on a desktop machine.  I suppose the init script should have some
smarts as to whether it's appropriate to load or not.

> 3. Gnome gave the an error on start up "Application
> 'bonobo-moniker-archiver' process 1895 has crashed due
> to a fatal error (Segmentation fault)" I get this
> "Segmentation fault" within gnome configuration tool
> as well.

Known issue - I'm looking at it again as we speak.

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/PPC/FAQ/