I've tried to burn several Iso's from both....

ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrake-iso/ppc/
ftp://ftp.cse.buffalo.edu/pub/Linux/mandrake-iso/ppc/

In both cases, I've used MSIE, from my G4/733 with OS 10.1.3. I click on
the link and the download manager successfully downloads the HUGE files.
I can mount the images a find the /Doc directory to read the Install
instructions.

I burned the raw (not mounted) images using the Burn Image selection
from the DiskCopy utility.

I can boot from the CD-1 Image by rebooting while pressing 'C' key and
get the 'Welcome to Mandrake Linux' (or something close to that) msg and
the first menu.

I can select install-radeon from the first menu, and then select the
CDROM method, tab to OK and hit enter.

What happens next (and herein is my problem) is a message appears
telling me that the CD 'does not appear to be a Mandrake Install CD'. I
suspect I've mangled something along the way. I've searched the archives
and read and (thought I) understood the burning instructions.

What am I missing ?

Jim

--
Jim