> > What about Lyx/Latex? Aren't they supposed to be installed? What package
> > do I have to chose in order to get them? I chose the scientific one,
> > office etc. but Lyx/Latex don't seem to have been installed.

Get tetex-* for LaTeX.  I am not sure where they are in an install, but
those are the ones that provide xdvi, latex, pdflatex, dvips, etc.  You
may also find a2ps, mpage and psutils useful.  Others are gv, acroread,
ggv [gnome-gv] and kdegraphics [provides kghostview].  Auctex is a great
emacs LaTeX mode addition, and you should check out preview-latex [at
sourceforge] for something similar to lyx.

> As for power management, i can't get it working properly yet.(i can only
>   get suspend) I am testing the latest pmud, but it needs some work.
> Don't worry about any referance to APM, thats for i386.

http://linuxppc.jvc.nl/RPMS/pmud-0.10-1.ppc.rpm
It also has a sourceforge page now.  It may not work perfectly with a
brand new ibook2, but is great for Wallstreet/Lombard/ibook.  Best
combined with gkrellm-pmu IMHO.  Have you tried typing "snooze" into a
terminal ?  The older pmud's had a problem waking up after having a CDROM
mounted but that should have been fixed with wakebay.  Pmud tends to work
best with BenH kernels -- there is an option in .config to enable support
for it.  It used to need the loopback net device which is why it sometimes
fails on boot if you have not ifup-ed the network; I am not sure whethre
this is still the case.  What does it say when you try and start it with
debug, no detach "pmud -d" on the terminal and in /var/log/messages ?

Q.