On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Jeroen Diederen wrote:

> Wow,
>
> I found it astonishing ! The installation went allright. I performed an install
> with install-aty128fb. A lot of things I encountered were dealt with during the
> earlier discussions. Gnome was not working properly but KDE did. I can give a
> more detailed report next time.
> For the moment I would like the following to be solved (I cannot find it in
> earlier discussions, so forgive me if this is not the first time I ask this).
>
> My question is: How can I burn CD's on a Firewire port ? Is there a solution ? I
> use a Freecom 4x4x24 burner.

Firewire should be functional.  I don't have a modern machine with
integrated firewire, but a PCMCIA adapter.  I've been building the whole
distribution on a firewire drive.  Does dmesg reveal anything in regards
to your burner?  You may need to add this to modules.conf:

below sbp2 ohci1394

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/PPC/FAQ/