> On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Sharon wrote:
>
> > Ti Powerbook G4/550  256meg  8.2b2 (3/21 isos) X4.2.0
> >
> > Used install-aty128fb and installation proceded normally until the
bootloader screen.  The install errored out with a dialog
> > reporting an error but with no explaination.  Clicking OK just
brought me back to the bootloader set up screen which again
> > produced the error, etc, etc.  I shut it down.  On reboot, it, of
course, booted into MacOS.

> > I set up OF, booted into rescue, ran ybin, which gave me a basic
boot menu (but without a yaboot.conf), then booted into linux.
> > >From within X (as root), I used the Mandrake Control Center boot
and init screen to set up the boot menu but I kept getting a
> > dialog box saying an error had occured.
> >
> > Although Control Center did write the yaboot.conf, it appears that
it couldn't execute ybin.  Every time I made a change, like
> > adding macosx, it *was* written to yaboot.conf but would not show
up on the boot menu unless I opened a shell and ran ybin
> > from the command line.
> >
> > Other than that little glitch, things seem fine so far.
> >

> Sounds like 2 different issues.  Occasionally, and I'm not sure why,
the
> bootstrap doesn't seem to get formatted, and ybin during the install
> fails.  I'll have to look at the control center issue.  I just
recently
> got drakboot so it actually does something useful on PPC.
>
> Stew Benedict

I knew I should have written that last night while it was fresh in my
mind.  Yes, during the install, the bootstrap did not get formatted
because when I ran ybin the first time it said it wasn't formated and
told me to run makeof(?)

sharon