On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Ben Reser wrote:

> WHEREAS, Mandrake PPC Cooker, towards the end of the development cycle
> falls out of sync with Cooker x86.  As a result the SRPMS for it start
> disappearing, unless they are identical to the released version.

It's normal Cooker x86 remains with new stuff, as 8.2 x86 is released.
8.2 ppc is based on... 8.2 packages, not cooker.

> WHEREAS, In the process of making custom changes just for PPC that do
> not get rolled into x86 Mandrake may make patches to the source of
> various GPL programs.

Patches made up in the port process should be merged in Cooker, when the
stable port branch is released.

> THEREFOR, I propose that the following directory tree be made on the
> Mandrake mirrors:
>
> a) Mandrake-devel/cooker/SRPMS/ppc, would contain the SRPMS for
> cooker-ppc that differ from the current ones in X86, plus ones for
> packages that are point releases (as defined above).
>
> b) Mandrake/current/SRPMS/ppc, contains SRPMS for the current release of
> Mandrake PPC that differ from the SRPMS for the x86 version of the same
> release.
>
> This would minimize duplication on the mirrors but would make valuable
> SRPMS available.

I believe this is already the case.

[gb@no gcc]$ cat /mnt/BIG/dis/vitamin/ia64/Mandrake/SRPMS/0INDEX

   Mandrake Linux/Itanium 8.1 Sources
   ==================================

   Mandrake and its logo are trademarks of MandrakeSoft S.A.
   Red Hat, RPM and glint are trademarks of Red Hat Software, Inc.
   Other trademarks are copyrighted by their respective owners.

Contents of this directory

   This directory contains the source RPMs for Mandrake Linux/Itanium
   8.1 that differs from the common set available for Mandrake
   Linux/Ix86 8.1.

   Package Name           Version-Release

   DrakX                  8.1-2mdk
   [...]