> On Sat, 4 May 2002, Henrik Edlund wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 3 May 2002, Stew Benedict wrote:
> >
> > SB> supermount -i disable (as root)
> > SB>
> > SB> This will change the /etc/fstab entries, or you can do so manually.
> >
> > After disabling and rebooting, still no success. Still get "No CD in
> > /dev/cdrom" from XMMS.
> >

> Don't know what to tell you beyond that.  I'm seeing essentially the same
> thing with this Presario. No message, but no files to play either, but
> grip and the KDE player work. Seems like xmms doesn't care for certain
> drives.
>
> Stew Benedict
>
> --
> MandrakeSoft
> PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/PPC/FAQ/

this is my ftab file:

/dev/hda11 / ext2 defaults 1 1
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
#/mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom supermount fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/cdrom 0 0
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom iso9660 ro 0 0
/dev/hda12 /mnt/macos hfs defaults 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0

on yaboot.conf i use this line:
append="hdb=ide-scsi idebus=66"

so i change my dev/cdrom to point do dev/scd0

i have compiled and install the cdread lib (0.14a) on xmms.

i can see and play cd's, but  only after
chosing the 'add cd to playlist' option from cdread lib plugin

--
10Mb na sua caixa de email gratuita no mail.pt
http://www.mail.pt