On Sun, 5 May 2002, Thomas Geenen wrote:

> not that i am inpatient or something but i just wandered if there is any
> progres on the initrd front.
> Is there something i can do that would be of any help. maybe some hardware
> specs. or maybe there is a way to boot with a rescue floppy to see what
> went
> wrong during install? If so i would be glad to be of some assistance
> (there
> is of cource some self interest in play)
>
> Thomas Geenen

Hi Thomas,

It looks like I need to re-install, and possibly replace the HD on the
7600.  MacOS did finally come up from a CD, but wanted to reinitialize the
hard disk. I tried to re-install MacOS twice to get back to BootX and look
at your issue, but the install just hung.

Something you could try:

Boot the rescue image and try to get the initrd the installer created from
the Linux side to MacOS.  You'll need either a network up or an HFS
partition you can mount to do the transfer.

I've got some other, non-computer things todo today, but I'll get back on
this on Monday.

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ppcFAQ.php3